In accordance with the State of Indiana Executive Orders, our office will be CLOSED until 05/04/2020
to all non-emergencies. Emergency appointments will be made only after consultation with our doctors. We will do our best to reschedule in a timely manner and in accordance with our local and national recommendations. In addition to our customarily high degree of hygiene practices, we are taking some additional precautions to reduce the spread of any potential illness. We are asking our patients and families to please read the following to help assist us in this endeavor and maintain maximum health and safety during this unprecedented time.
1. Stay up to date with the CDC precautions and symptoms related to COVID-19
and contact us to reschedule your appointment if it is for elective treatment.
2. If you are not sure if you are experiencing an emergency, consider the following:
- Severe pain that cannot be managed with OTC analgesics (Ibuprofen/Tylenol)
- Trauma causing avulsion, severe pain/bleeding, nerve exposure
- Uncontrolled bleeding
- Localized swelling near tooth with pain or swelling of the jaw/cheek/eye
- Any difficulty breathing/swallowing/or inability to eat or drink
3. Any appointment that is not for an emergent dental need will be rescheduled. Please call our office to confirm any appointments. The automated system may not be synced with current office hours.
4. Upon entering the office, all families will be verbally screened with a COVID-19 risk assessment questionnaire.
5. Before entering the treatment area, all patients will be screened for an elevated temperature. Any elevated temperatures will be rescheduled for a later date.
6. All toys, magazines, and non-essential waiting room materials have been removed. We recommend bringing personal entertainment devices for your children.
7. Chairs, door handles, counters, and other surfaces within the waiting room will be disinfected as often as possible, but at least every half hour. As always, universal precautions will be maintained within our treatment area.
8. During this time, we request that you only bring children with you to the office that have a scheduled appointment with us. We will only permit one adult per patient in the treatment areas.
9. These recommendations are subject to change at any time, so please check this page for updates and call with any questions.
If anyone in your household has a fever, cough, shortness of breath, or flu like symptoms within the last 14 days, we ask that you call and notify us so that we can reschedule your child’s appointment. In addition, if you or a member of your family has traveled outside the country or to an area of high-risk in the last 30 days, we ask that you contact the office to reschedule.
Please feel free to reach out to our office if you have any concerns. We will continue to monitor the evolving situation and will notify you of any changes as soon as they are available. Speedway Pediatric Dentistry is committed to helping you during this time.
Drs. Kahn and Wiley