Last updated 2/11/21
Our doctors and team have been closely monitoring the most up-to-date information concerning COVID-19 from our local and national authorities. The safety and care of our patients and team members is our highest priority. We are here for you and want to continue providing the highest quality pediatric dental care you have come to expect from us.
Please use the Contents guide on the left to find answers to your questions regarding changes at our office during COVID-19. These protocols are subject to change, as often as weekly, based on the Executive Orders of Governor Holcomb. We thank you for loyalty and patience!
A. CHECK IN/NEW OFFICE PROTOCOLS:
- Please confirm all appointments prior to your scheduled date by responding the the automated messages or notifying a member of our staff.
- Please email copies of updated insurance information to OFFICE@SPEEDWAYPD.COM. Otherwise you will be asked to share your card upon arrival, which may delay treatment.
- Only 1 parent/guardian and scheduled children will be allowed to enter the office to check in and a face covering is required for entry.
- If you wish to remain in your vehicle, CALL (317) 299 - 0353 or if no answer, EMAIL OFFICE@SPEEDWAYPD.COM with your children's names and your car color/model.
- Please sanitize your hands upon entry and find a seat in one of the designated areas in the waiting room.
- All toys, magazines, and non-essential waiting room materials have been removed. Our patient restroom will be locked. We recommend bringing personal entertainment devices for your children and that you remain seated while in the waiting area.
- During this time, we request that you only bring children with you to the office that have a scheduled appointment with us. We will only permit one adult per family in the treatment areas.
- We require 24 hr notice if you are unable to make your appointment. Failure to contact us, or arrive for scheduled appointments, may result in a fee or dismissal from our practice.
B. WHAT ARE WE DOING TO KEEP YOUR FAMILY SAFE?
- We have followed guidelines from the CDC, OSHA, ADA, and IDA to provide the highest level of safety to our patients and staff. This includes, but is not limited to:
- advanced hygiene/sanitation protocols
- maximum PPE level recommended
- installation of air purification system FDA approved to kill viruses, bacteria and mold
- designated waiting areas with recommended distancing
- maximum time between patients in treatment area
- as always, standard precautions will be followed
- All employees and families will be screened daily before entering our office.
- We have restructured our schedule to limit the number of people in the office at any given time and throughout the day.
- Chairs, door handles, counters, and other surfaces within the waiting room will be disinfected as often as possible, but at least every half hour.
- Due to these additional measures, we apologize in advance for delays and longer appointment times.
- Due to increased safety protocols, we have restructured our schedule to minimize your risk. We will be extending our hours, but still have limited appointments available due to the number of families impacted by COVID-19 closures.
- Your appointment time may change from when you originally scheduled.
- If you have not received communication from us regarding an upcoming appointment, please contact our office as soon as possible to confirm your availability.
You will receive a call and/or automated text/email with an updated appointment time that must be confirmed within 24 hours via the automated system or emailing OFFICE@SPEEDWAYPD.COM. Any appointment not confirmed within this timeframe will be given to another family.
- We ask for confirmation so that we may schedule openings for children with appointments canceled due to COVID-19 closures. We require 24 hr notice if you are unable to make your appointment. Failure to contact us, or arrive for scheduled appointments, may result in a fee or dismissal from our practice.
D. FUTURE APPOINTMENTS(>14 days AWAY)
- Please call or email our office if you are unsure about your appointment time.
- If you do not receive an automated message ~7 days prior to your appointment, please contact our office immediately.
- Appointments must be confirmed within 24 hours via the automated system or email to OFFICE@SPEEDWAYPD.COM to be guaranteed.
- Failure to confirm appointments will result in a loss your appointment slot.
- This will allow us to schedule families with appointments canceled due to COVID-19.
Unfortunately, we do anticipate longer than normal appointment times so that we can provide the safest possible environment for your child. Please be patient with our staff.
These recommendations are subject to change at any time, so please check this page for updates or call with any questions.
E. IF YOUR APPOINTMENT WAS IMPACTED BY COVID19 CLOSURES:
- We are doing our best to reschedule everyone in a timely manner. Due to the volume of appointments impacted, current limited scheduling and potential for future closures, we are asking that you continue to follow up if you have not heard from us for scheduling availability.
- If your child was scheduled for treatment or is having pain, let us know as soon as possible.
- Please allow 24-48 hours for a response to any messages left on our voicemail, as we are trying to accommodate all of our families and these major scheduling changes.
- If you are not sure if you are experiencing an emergency, consider the following before calling:
- Severe pain that cannot be managed with OTC analgesics (Ibuprofen/Tylenol)
- Trauma causing avulsion (tooth falling out), severe pain/bleeding, nerve exposure
- Uncontrolled bleeding
- Localized swelling near tooth with pain or swelling of the jaw/cheek/eye
- Any difficulty breathing/swallowing/or inability to eat or drink
- Call our office if your child is experiencing any of the above symptoms and if there is no answer, you will be directed to our emergency line.
We apologize for any inconvenience these additional protocols cause your family, but are working diligently to care for every member of the Speedway Pediatric Dentistry Family.
Please feel free to reach out to our office if you have any concerns. We will continue to monitor the evolving situation and will notify you of any changes as soon as they are available. We are committed to helping you during this time. We hope you stay healthy!
Dr. Kahn, Dr. Wiley and Staff